How to Sell Your Photos Online
You have come to the right place! Read this article and discover how to sell your photos online!
Having a website is important for professional photographers to promote their products and services, present their portfolio, and use the power of social media networks for online marketing. But, you will be surprised to hear how many professional and serious photographers don’t use their website or their online blogs to their maximum potential.
Rather than just promoting your services online or focus on sell online photography, it is easier than you probably think to build a secondary income stream by offering digital images and prints directly from your site. It is convenient and a suitable solution for you, your business, your brand, and your customers. Whether you want to sell physical of digital prints of your artistic images or maybe sell licenses for commercial images such as stock photography, it is simpler than you think.
For example, if someone is searching through your gallery and they see a photo they like, why not allow them to purchase that photo directly from your website? It is extra simple, it saves time, energy, and the whole process is just so easy. Selling photos online can compensate the setup costs of your site and you can use it as a profitable side business over time. If you’re looking for free stock photos you should definitely try one of Shopify‘s platforms. They have amazing content that can help your business website.
The Old & New Way to Sell Photos Online
- Sell Photos Online – Before, the only option for selling photos was through microstock websites. You have to apply and if your application is approved, you can upload photos to the library. There is one thing you need to keep in mind - Pay attention to the fine print! There are many microstock websites that take almost 70% of each sale and they give photographs a really small cut of the sale. This is the old way to sell photos online.
- The new way to sell photos online is, of course, improved and more convenient for you as a business owner and for your customers as well. Visual Society makes it very simple to sell prints and photos online. The best part is that if you decide to sell stock photos, Visual Society will allow you to keep 100% of the sales and the profit. The photographers can set their own prices and they can develop a professional photography business with ease.
- Photos as Stock Photography – As the popularity of self-publishing has grown, the demand for stock photography has significantly increased. Many new microstock websites have risen to provide affordable photos to business owners, designers, bloggers, and authors, with the special option to select from various licenses for various uses.
- The stock photographs are usually used in blog articles, website designs, flyers, posters, company reports, book jackets, newsletters, and etc. Because the demand for affordable and high-quality stock photography is constantly increasing, it can generate a decent income for any type of photographer with a suitable portfolio of stock photos for sale.
- We recommend you to make a collection of photos that are likely to be sold as stock photos. Take a look at the most popular and downloaded photos from stock websites and you will get an idea of exactly what type of photo is in the highest demand. Usually, the generic business photos are popular, as well as, the simple symbolic photographs. They can present different emotions and concepts. The simplest way to make your images available as stock photos for sale is by using Dreamstime, iStockPhoto, 123RF, and etc.
Are you thinking of jumping in the wagon of online photography business? If you are, then you are on the right track. Photography is a booming business in this era of blogging and online marketing. Everyone is looking for a suitable image for their blogs or online store or even for sharing on the social Read more about Online Photography Business: Here Are the 4 Types of Photos People Are Looking For[…]
Trust me when I say marketing is the most challenging aspect of business. Most small-town photographers find it difficult to market their services. I would show you some tips you can use to market yourself in a small town, read on: Start a blog. When you have a blog, people tend to see you differently Read more about Six marketing tips for small town photographers[…]
You are an upcoming photographer. Everyone around you is commending you for your photos which are professional and high quality. Suddenly, you hear peers talking about selling your photos online. Unfortunately, neither you nor your peers are aware of the places to find online customers for your photos. You are in a sad situation wondering Read more about The Top 5 Places You Can Sell Your Photos Online[…]